BES900 Solenoid gasket replacement.

29 Apr

I’m not surprised in the slightest that I’ve finally hit the problems that others have had, I’m just lucky that it’s taken this long.

Symptoms: decreased water flow through group head, increased time to get up to pressure, steam being slow and watery.

Solution: replace gasket.

I have been informed that there is a new ceramic replacement gasket.

My local service centre only have the silicone gaskets so that will do for now.

I have ordered the ceramic and a new tube that runs from the solenoid value as it’s all tacky, sticky and brown.

Unfortunately I didn’t take a photo of what the gunk looked like when I took it apart but as per standard posts I do have photos of the replacement process which I will add to the BES900 section.

The BES900 works so well now my first shot had coffee spurting everywhere, as in completely off the machine from the bottom of the naked portafilter 😀

Just when you think you have everything down pat you have to start from scratch again 😀


Posted by on April 29, 2014 in coffee


4 Responses to BES900 Solenoid gasket replacement.

  1. Rob

    May 29, 2014 at 9:07 PM

    Hey, Just developed a low pressure yesterday along with loss of water flow to group head. Im out of warrenty (by a month) so was really interested if you have those pictures of the procedure handy? Still plan on take it into a service centre but if I can carry out the repairs myself why not.

    Thanks in Advance


    • Nic

      May 29, 2014 at 9:22 PM

      Hi Rob

      I do have them and have been meaning to put them up, Uni essays have taken higher priority at present.

      It definitely has made a world of difference and best of all only cost $7 and took about an hour to change including cleaning of all parts where the gunk was.

      I’ll work on having everything up over the weekend including part numbers so you can order the parts yourself from your local service centre.


      • Rob

        May 30, 2014 at 10:13 PM

        Sounds great Nic! look forward to it. Great that your taking the time out to put this stuff online, with all the BES900 starting to come out of warranty it will be a great help for a cheap fix along with a few improvements.



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *